CRM and Direct Marketing in today’s environment present ever more complex challenges. Data is right at the centre. Add to that increases in (and fragmentation of) media channels as well as developments of technology and what results is a new complexity in ensuring that effective and impactful communications are delivered. The gap between brand marketers and data disciplines has to reduce – and all have to live practically alongside the creative and strategic.
Throughout Europe – across B2B and B2C markets – brands and Marketing Service Providers must adapt to these shifts. Today’s current buzz around digital transformation initiatives and optimisation techniques reflects a real and profound impact on the marketer.
“I can help”
As an experienced data centred marketer in client, agency, MSP and consultancy roles, I have a breadth of knowledge and practical experience in the US and Europe allied to a focus on getting things done.
Over more than 25 years I have been involved in a broad range of Direct Marketing and CRM spanning traditional and digital channels – all focused on demonstrable results and innovation. Examples include –
• Leading one of the largest logistical exercises ever undertaken in the UK, spanning database, analysis, direct mail and call centre
• Leading client services in one of the earliest and pioneering mobile marketing agencies
• Driving development of one of the first on-site and email personalisation and optimisation platforms
Throughout this period I have worked on brands as diverse as Thomas Cook, Dell, Legal & General, William Hill, Capital Radio, Hearst Magazines, RNLI, Lexus and Wickes. This is key – the focus is always achieving objectives for the client.
I am a former Board member of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) as well as former chair of the DMA’s mobile Marketing Council.
View my Linked In profile for more information on my experience and, most importantly, recommendations from people for – and with – whom I have worked.
I help brands, Marketing Services Providers and agencies in six ways –
Communications & Data Planning
• Marketing audit and objective setting
• Channel option audit and recommendations
• Product and service assessments
• Campaign planning including test and evaluation
• using latest technology and approaches
• test and learn planning
• cross team (supplier and brand) management
• Market gap analysis and market requirements definition
• System and process development
• Develop/Partner/Buy strategy (inc M&A assessment)
• team leadership and management
• project or team focus
• planning and results focus
Vendor Assessment & Procurement
• Needs assessment
• RFP documentation and process creation
• RFP process management
• White paper creation
• Opinion piece creation
• Product and Proposition collateral creation
Success comes from the combination of my knowledge and experience with the objectives, resources and focus of my clients’ organisation. I take pride in contributing to that winning combination.
What My Clients Say...
Nick is that rare thing among consultants – someone who not only thinks innovatively and strategically but also works through the details, whether related to technology, execution or international data protection. He’s completely on top of emerging technologies, and full of ideas to use them creatively to the benefit of clients. Nick is extremely reliable, always delivering on time and on plan, with a real commitment to helping clients at any stage of their development.International Sport Brand
Nick has a truly unique depth of understanding – from business needs and commercial impact to decisions & media execution (with stand out digital experience) through to a detailed appreciation of data analytics. He can converse with all stakeholders in an organisation with credibility and an appreciation of all roles.Data & Analytics Agency
Nick is an accomplished thought leader and practitioner in data driven direct marketing. His strategic input has proven indispensable to the assembly of programmes. He has a rare ability to quickly and efficiently distill readily applicable solutions from complex business insight.Multi Channel Retailer